Sunday, June 12, 2011

Is there a specific type of pen to use when writing kanji, hiragana, and katakana?

Question:


I'm using a random pen I found on my desk, and so far drawing the characters is rather difficult. I'm a horrible artist, and the most basic art drawings are difficult for me, so that might be why XD

But, is there a specific type of pen that can make the writing easier?

Answer:


I'm sure that drawing the characters is difficult for you because you didn't grow up writing them. People who didn't grow up writing the Roman alphabet have a hard time with it too, regardless of what instrument they're using to write it.

There are special pens and brushes for calligraphy, but for just everyday writing any pen or pencil will do. How well you write your kana and kanji is based on practice, not the pen or pencil in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment