Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ground transportation Japan Aug 2011?

Question:


I'm going to Japan landed at Tokyo, thinking to return from Osaka or Fukuoka but return ticket are highly expensive. My mind to but return ticket KUL-TOKYO-KUL. My question is
1) Is it worth it to but train / Bus from south to Tokyo. How much is the fare and journey duration.
2) What is the cheap way backpackers like me to travel around Tokyo to south, any train/bus pass?
3) Where should I transit overnight for Fuji mount sightseeing
4) Since I have only 6days from Tokyo-Osaka-Tokyo, is that possible to get Fukuoka, Hiroshima or Nagoya for sightseeing.

Answer:


You need to by the JR Rail Pass in your home country for 28,300yen (1,000 MYR)

http://www.japanrailpass.net/

It's then 3hours 10 minutes from Tokyo to Shin-Osaka

Shin-Osaka to Fukuoka (Hakata station) is another three hours.

So with a tight plan you can travel around the south if you fly into and out of Tokyo. Why don't you fly directly to Osaka?

For Fuji you can stay in Kawaguchiko but I wouldn't bother. I'd hurry to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment