Monday, July 4, 2011

Which part of Japan should I go for work experience?

Question:


I was thinking of doing the school exchange program at our school to go to Japan for 3 months at the end of next year. But where would be the best place that have good school, nice neighbourhood and most importantly good food :) thanks in advance to whoever answer this.

Answer:


I do NOT like Tokyo. To me, it's a concrete jungle. Don't get me wrong, it's Japan and there are a LOT of things to see there, but to me, Osaka just has a more cultural feel to it. And it's still a big city. And Osaka is near Kyoto for the temples and shrines and Nara's Deer Park, which has the Big Buddha housed in the world's largest wooden structure.

It's preference. But I lived in Tokyo for about 3-4 years and never really liked it as well as Osaka. I was always glad to 'go home' to Osaka on weekends.

And one last thing. When I was in Tokyo there was at least one small earthquake a week. Not saying it doesn't happen in Kansai, look what happened to Kobe. But I have rarely felt an earthquake here. Felt a little tremor when the earthquake hit Sendai. And weirdly enough, I felt a little 'jolt' last night. But earthquakes just seem less common here.

No comments:

Post a Comment