Sunday, September 18, 2011

Teaching ESL in Japan: More information?

Question:


So, I've done a good amount of research for teaching English in Japan. Actually, a few more places like South Korea, Thailand, China and Vietnam. I looked at a few different programs and found relations to all but there were a few differences.
For an example, to teach in South Korea you simply need to have a Bachelors in any degree, have English as your native language and be a citizen of an English speaking country.
>So, first off, would anyone know if it is the same for Japan?
Also, on a website there is a choice of a public or private school. I would like to know, from someones POV, which one is better?
I would only like to work for a year or so since I would like to teach in a few other countries :)
Also, anything that you would like to comment about or add to help me would be greatly appreciated. Please leave out any rude remarks.

Answer:


It's the same. Some schools may have their own requirements, but in general any four year degree is enough. TEFL/TESOL is not needed, unlike some of them say. http://eslinsider.com/tesol-tefl-certifi…

More on requirements here if you sign up. http://eslinsider.com/

P.S. Within the next three or four days I am going to release a free ebook at the address above that will talk about public and private schools.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment