Sunday, September 18, 2011

What are good manga's for japanese beginners?

Question:


I want to read some mangas in japanese but i can't read Kanji, does anyone know any mangas that are written with Furigana, because I'm only a beginner in Japanese I can only read Kana. Thank you!!! oh and if you have any good recommendations for Japanese magazines with Furigana please leave a suggestion below to thanks!!

Answer:


I think pretty much all manga have furigana, for basic mangas to read... I think Shoujo (which is manga aimed at girls, mainly love stories) is best, coz it's not really technical and the dialogue are normal everyday things. I'd say the only thing you do need to know is probably a good amount of vocab although you learn that while reading manga anyway.

I bought: Love Complex while I was in Japan (but that has Osaka dialect in it so it might be a bit difficult to understand...)
maybe:
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Kimi
or even Sailor Moon (if you can find it, I think it's out of print)

Are you in Japan right now? because if you are, you can go to Book Off and just check out the manga and books there and see which ones you can read. If not, I'm not sure... but my friend read Bleach in Japanese, he said that he spent a lot of time reading the first book but it got easier and faster with more practice. So I think as long as you pick something you're really interested in then you can keep at it and practice more. (you feel like giving up sometimes, just coz it takes so long)

Also a lot of popular shoujo manga has been made into tv series so you can watch it as well and practice listening! :)
I hope that helps, sorry I didn't give many recommendations, I haven't really read manga in Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment