Friday, September 30, 2011

Why does my computer do this?

Question:


I have to do Genki practicies on their websiteand whenever I get on to do Kanji, I get
“ú–{Œê ¨ Instead of the Kanji I need.
I tried doing adjectives and verbs and I get ŽÔ ¨

I don't know how to fix it. My computer reads Japanese besides this website and my friends blog, it always comes up with things like @‚¾‚¢‚Í‚¿‚©@Lesson eight

I dont know why I have issues with this website and not other websites. I can go on Mixi and Ameblo just fine...:/

Answer:


I don't really know the details either but is an encoding problem.

If you are using Firefox:
Go to View -> Character Encoding
And change it to Japanese, that should solve the problem. (Most sites are readable on Unicode but some Japanese ones are not)

No comments:

Post a Comment