Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What's the best time to buy a camera in Japan?

Question:


I want to buy a professional digital camera in Japan (Nikon or Canon) probably from Akihabara, and I wonder is there a seasonal sales on such consumer electronics so that I get the best deal?

Answer:


You are almost certainly better buying it from amazon.co.jp - it will almost certainly be cheaper. I got my Canon Kiss X4i there, and it was a lot cheaper than in the stores. If you want a professional digital camera, then the 60D or the 7D by Canon are excellent (Kiss models are semi-pro only). On the Nikon side, the D7000 and D5100 are worth looking at. Canon fans (like me) will tell you Canon is great - and they are! Nikon fans will tell you Nikon are great - and they also are! There is little difference in picture quality, or the availability of high quality lenses and accessories. Go to the shop, get both in your hands, see which feels better to you, then buy it cheaper from amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment