Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Do Japanese people change their emails often? - PLEASE ANSWER ONLY IF YOU ARE JAPANESE OR HAVE LIVED IN JAPAN?

Question:


This may sound like a silly question on paper but I've recently been trying to contact an old friend who moved back to Japan. I know over there they send emails on their phones instead of texting like we do in the US, and basically I'd like to know how likely it is that my friend has kept the same email after three years.

Is an email address linked to a phone like a phone number is? Or can they just create new emails and link them to their phones as they please? In your honest opinion what is the likelihood that she has kept her email or changed it in the last three years?

If you didn't get how strongly I feel about it enough, I must reinstate that I only want to hear answers from people who are Japanese, are living/have lived there or are extraordinarily well-versed in the Japanese culture of keitais. Don't want any dumb answers, that's all. Thanks guys!

Answer:


>Do Japanese people change their emails often?

It depends on each person. There is no general answer. Personally, I have not changed it for years.

>Is an email address linked to a phone like a phone number is?

A cell phone email is linked to its carrier. For example, if you are using Softbank cell phone, it must have a domain of @softbank.ne.jp .

No comments:

Post a Comment