Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What languages should I learn?

Question:


I wanna learn languages to immerse myself into interesting cultures and foreign entertainment (TV, movies, music, etc). They should have some business value, too since I'm considering a International Relations career path. What I mean by that is learning Swedish, for example, is useless because practically everyone in Sweden speaks English. Languages I'm considering:
Korean
Italian
Turkish
French

Native: English
Proficient in Spanish.

Answer:


Since you can't learn every language in the world, at least learn the more suited one. By learning Greek for example, you'll understand German, Italian, Spanish, French e.t.c...with other words all European languages since Greek is the mother language of all these languages. By learning Chinese you understand some Japanese also. (I don't know about Korean but maybe). And since you have in mind the "business value" as you said, then one more reason to learn Greek, since most of the business terms are greek ones ("economy" for example is a greek word). Think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment