Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How do I format my shipping address to send a gift to my friend in Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa, Japan?

Question:


I'm shipping a Christmas present to a friend that's stationed at Atsugi Naval Air Facility with an address that she posted on her Facebook wall in case anyone needed to mail her anything, but I want it to be a total surprise, or I'd simply ask her.

The only thing she posted, though, was the following:

PSC 477 BOX 22
FPO AP 96306

With the information above, how does this apply to the standard shipping information on websites? Address, Postal Code, City, etc? Please, I'm pretty out of depth here haha.

Answer:


That is a military address, just use it as it appears. The US Post Office will handle it accordingly. Your friend is in Japan, but on a US Navy base and mail for service members is handled differently as a benefit for their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment