Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Homestay question, karaoke with homestay mother?

Question:


my homestay japanese mum asked me to go to karaoke together.
I'd like to accept because i love karaoke, but i don't know how does it works:
is she paying for me too? it will be embarassing if I pull out my wallet to pay and she wanted to pay for me, but it will be embarassing also if i am certain that she will pay for me and so i won't make a movie to pay...

Answer:


No, it's not embarrassing for you to pull out your wallet and offer to pay. (-: She'll probably push it away, and you'll say, "No, no, please let me pay something," and she'll push it away again and make t'ching noises, and you'll bow in gratitude and say, "thank you very much."

It's a ritual! Do offer to pay. Don't insist on paying, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment