Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Can I get a job with Japan Airlines?

Question:


I live in California and am currently working towards my BA in Aerospace Engineering. I am also a part of the Air Force Reserve working as a loadmaster until I get my degree which hopefully will lead to a pilot slot later on down the road. If everything works according to plan and I get the pilot slot and rack up a certain amount of hours is it possible for me to get a job as a First Officer with Japan Airlines? I want to live in Japan so relocating wouldn't be a problem. And Im aware of the situation there now I'm just hoping it will be cleared up by the time all this opportunity would actually become available. Also does anyone know a good program for me to learn Japanese? I don't know any native speakers and I've been told the Rosetta Stone for it is garbage.

Answer:


If a Japanese can do the job, they will always be hired first. That's life in Japan.
Learning to read, write and speak Japanese to a native level will take years.
All I know about the Rosetta Stone is it runs some $500 !

No comments:

Post a Comment