Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Should I buy a Japan Rail Pass for a visit to Tokyo?

Question:


I am going to be visiting Tokyo for two weeks and I'm trying to find the best option to get around. I will probably be traveling to my hotel in Ikebukuro from Narita or Haneda airport then doing lots of sight seeing everyday with perhaps a trip to Yokohama. Would it be more cost effective (and easier!) for me to get a JR Pass? Will it work on all the trains, buses and subways in Tokyo?

Thank you!

Answer:


I strongly recommend you to buy "Suica" as explained in the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suica
It's not at all cost effective but it surely saves you from all the troubles and hassles of locating ticket machines, buying correct amount of tickets, paying over ride charges at the destination.
With this prepaid card, you can take almost any buses, subways, trains of JR or other private lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment