Saturday, April 9, 2011

How should I go about living in Japan?Please Help!?

Question:


I want to be able to live in Japan and start working toward that dream.Im about to finish highschool with a standard diploma.Im currently learning japanese by myself online and I do plan to visit the country as a trip/vacation.Also I plan to become a type of doctor.However through online I can tell its hard.VISAs,college,jobs,money/finances, and laws.My general question is how should I make my dream a reality/make myself more desirable to Japan?Please answer my following questions and/or offer any advise or a dose of reality even if its negative.So Im going to be going to college soon to start becoming a doctor.Would it be best for my dream to go right into college in Japan or go to college in the USA?Also my highschool offers a free 2 years in a local community college.So should I go do those 2 years and then a Japanese college?Also should I take a language school and what kind of tests do I need to take to get in a Japanese school?As stated I plan to become a type of doctor and Im planning on 6 years of college.Now for more questions.What can I expect for jobs?Im willing to work as an english teacher for a little if that gets me in the door but can I live as a doctor?What kind of VISAs/citizenship should I apply for?If not permanent can I live there on and off for the rest of my life?Should I expect any discrimination as a white American?I didnt add any cute characters XD or anything but I hope someone can help me!Please drop an answer.I will vote for best answer and be gratefull!

Answer:


Radiation idiots: You're probably more at risk from radiation poisoning in the countries you live in than Japan as Japan has lower natural background radiation levels than many other places.

That said, your best bet is to do 4 years of college in the USA. During those 4 years learn Japanese fluently. Then go to grad school in Japan. That will get you 2-4 years on your way to your 5 needed to be a resident of Japan. It should also give you some footholds into getting a job.

The most important thing to take away from this is that you NEED to speak Japanese FLUENTLY for this to be feasible. Even then the Japanese will avoid hiring a foreigner for a job if they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment