Thursday, May 19, 2011

How long until Tokyo will be okay to visit?

Question:


I really want to visit Japan but I was wondering if Tokyo is safe from radiation. If not now, when? Also, I only speak barebones Japanese, will I be able to comunicate in English? I don't want to embarrass myself.

Answer:


Japan is pretty safe to visit now. Japan was hit hard by the disaster, but only 0.1 per cent of Japan was affected by the tsunami. Most tourist attractions in Japan are now open, although some may have shortened opening hours to conserve power. All international airports are operating and this even includes Sendai Airport, which was damaged by the tsunami, and the bullet trains are all running as normal.

If you visit the major cities and tourist areas then you shouldn't have too much trouble as most people can speak basic English. I always recommend at least learning some Japanese before heading over to Japan. If you just learn the basics then it will make your experiences more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment