Saturday, May 21, 2011

Question about going to japan as an exchange student?

Question:


When I am about 16 I want to visit Japan for a exchange program and go to school there for a little bit. Right now I am only 13 and am going to spend the 3 or 4 years until I am allowed to go to japan learning Japanese. And no, I am not going there because I am some "anime obsessed freak", but because I am interested in their culture. I have a question about fitting in there and working there. I know, stupid questions but whatever. 

I have orange hair, blue-grey eyes, freckles, and pale skin. Obviously people are going to stare in japan. People in canada still look at my hair and comment on it. I was wondering If I'd like fit in? Purely based on looks (obviously I'm not going to act rude and obnoxious, I'm going to act like myself, nobody wants to hang out with someone rude). Will i get weird stares and rude comments? Like are the people there going to make fun of me and bully me because I look so different? Or are they friendly and actually want to make friends with me? 

My second question is about jobs there. If I want to have a job there (when I'm like a lot older, just thinking about my future) can I get one? I was thinking about either a nurse or English teacher? Could I get either job? 

*Serious answers please! Maybe answered by someone who has been in the same situation please. No rude comments either!*

Thanks! 

(by the way, I am still learning a lot about Japan so if I accidentally offended any one in any way I apologize)

Answer:


It's good to have a goal and I'm glad you're interested in Japan. Please continue to work hard on your studies as well as study the Japanese language. I'm sure opportunities will present itself naturally when the time comes.

As for your appearances, I believe that you shouldn't be to concerned about it. You will always look different to the Japanese regardless. People might just be curious about your looks but it doesn't mean that they will treat you badly.

With regards to making friends, it's the same the world over. Some people would want to be your friend, while others will just avoid you. Remember you can't please everyone and be friends with everybody.

As for jobs, if you want to pursue a career in nursing, it would be necessary for you to attain native level fluency in the Japanese language, as well as attend a Japanese university to gain the necessary accreditation needed. Overseas degrees are usually not accepted. (e.g. Doctors who are trained in US are not able to practice in Japan unless they pass the medical exam in Japan)

No comments:

Post a Comment