Saturday, May 21, 2011

Why do Japanese married couples stop sleeping together?

Question:


Hi, I live in Japan and I've heard of this many times. I remember one friend who married this beautiful Japanese girl, but after they got married and had their first child, she moved into a separate room with the baby, and never let him touch her again. He's thought about divorcing her and even asked me for advice but I didn't know what to say. If this is a common practice, then I'm sorry but I don't want to marry a Japanese girl.

Is there anything a foreigner can do if their Japanese spouse decides to do this once they are married?

Answer:


>she moved into a separate room with the baby

In that case, I think she started thinking that the baby is more important than her husband.

In other cases, couples got married (or do not have a divorce) just for money. So they do not love each other but stay in marriage. That's why they do not sleep together.

Addition:
>why would you want to sleep together with your wife after you get married and have kids?

That's an interesting phrase. In Japan, couples are required to be "father" and "mother", and do not stay as "husband" and "wife" after their children were born. I think this is one reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment