Monday, May 16, 2011

日本語 Question- gitaigo,giongo meanings?

Question:


Specifically, I'm looking for stuff that appears in manga

for example, ピコッ. That's the one I've been looking for. If anyone knows of a website with onomatopoeia -giongo/gitaigo online please post a link.

And yes I guess that this should be in some other category like learning languages or something, but Japanese people seem to congregate here.

Thanks. Needless to say, if you deliver the goods, I'll give you 10 points.

Answer:


ピコッ reminds me of the sound when pressing mouse button, or when doing Wac-a-mole....

This is not as many as Alc's page (TheCheapest's), but; http://www.rondely.com/zakkaya/dic5/eng.…
-------- additionally:
um...well, when I wrote about Wac-a-mole thing, I was imagining more of the sound (gisei-go), but to think of it, ピコッ could also describe the mole's movement at the game as a 'gitai-go', you know.. like when something "pops out " (ポン、ひょい is also used for sudden 'pop-out' <-- from the page above)
I hope I don't misunderstand your case (I mean, the context your brought)...

No comments:

Post a Comment