Friday, July 8, 2011

What do I need to travel to japan.?

Question:


I'm Mexican and I live in the US. I'm 17 and I'm currently in 12grade. I wanted to know what would I need for to travel to japan and how much money would I need? I just want to travel and visit for 1-2months. And is it possible for me to become a resident in japan?.

Answer:


Well you will need a passport. Also since you are going on an international flight without an adult, you need your parents to fill out an unaccompanied minor form. Other than that you need the basics of what every traveler needs: clothes, toiletries, money. Also if you don't know Japanese, I suggest you invest in a Japanese-English dictionary and phrase books.

And to answer you last question first before you get your hopes up. No you can not become a Japanese resident the way you are now. You need to know Japanese first off, you can't become a resident unless you have a work visa which means someone in Japan is willing to hire you which means you need a college degree and then apply for residency or you can get a student visa if you're going to college there but even a student visa is not permanent, or you can marry someone who is Japanese.

How much money do you have? That's the real question.

First off airline costs vary depending on where you live in the US. In my area a flight would cost somewhere between $1,000 to over $2,500.
For food it depends on how well you want to eat. If you think you can live off of cheap instant food and McDonalds then I would say maybe $15 a day, but if you want some nutrition then I would say $40 minimum a day. So either $105 to $280 a week for one person. Eating out is expensive and does add up. If the place you're staying at (which I recommend a hostel down below) has a kitchen, then I recommend using it to the fullest and buying some groceries. You can always splurge, but I'm guessing you don't have money to just throw out the window so I'm giving you the basics.

It's in your best interest to stay in a youth hostel as they cost as cheap as $35 to $60 a night. You usually have to share a room with several people and the beds are stacked like bunk beds, there is a communal bath, and sometimes a communal living area/kitchen. $245 a week for one person for $35 a night.

And if you plan on really going anywhere you might want to invest in a rail pass which is $700 for a month for one person. As for shopping, that depends on you really. If you want souvenirs or something, then bring a set amount that you think is appropriate.

So 1 month = $3,100 to $6,000
2 months= $5,200 to $9,500
(not including spending money)

These are ESTIMATES so I'm using some basic figures that I think apply.
You can live off the minimum no problem, but if you have money to spend then you can splurge.

Figure out how much money you have (which I'm guessing isn't a lot since you're too young unless your parents are willing to pay then ask them), figure out your budget, plan your flight, and make hotel or in your case hostel reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment