Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What is the general Japanese citizen's view on Chinese people?

Question:


Please hold off any offensive answers... I'm just curious.

I'm Chinese, and I live in an area with a larger than average Asian population, but it's mostly Chinese, Taiwanese, and Korean. Of course, I've read and learned about WWII and things that happened during that time, especially in East Asia. I know many older generations of Chinese people still hate or dislike the Japanese, but younger generations (my age) seem to have no problem with them. Personally, I have to say I like Japanese food and some aspects of Japanese pop culture, but I still wish Japanese-Chinese history could be cleaner.

Anyways..!

I was just wondering what the general Japanese citizen's view is on Chinese people. I'm talking about people who live or have lived in Japan. Do they look down on Chinese people? If so, why? Or is it generally neutral?

Thanks!

Answer:


It depends on each person. Generally, just, some Japanese like them. Some others hate them. It's just like views on other people.

There are some Japanese people who do not have a job and stay home, then often make hateful comments on China on Internet. But they act that way only on Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment