Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I need some help with Japanese!?

Question:


I am getting ready for my trip to Japan and I just want to know how to say the following sentence but most importantly the best way to put them together:
How would I say 'we are tourists from Australia?'
I know that we is ware ware, kankookyaku is tourist but I don't know how to make the sentence.

What about asking the question 'how long does it take you to do your hairstyle/hairdo?'
I know that dore kurai kakarimasuka means how long does it take? But how do I put he Hairstyle part into context?

I also want to expand my knowledge on reportes speach! How do you say 'He said, turn left' or 'she said this dish is tasty?'

よろしくおねがいします。

Answer:


We are tourists from Australia

watashitachi wa oosutoraria kara no kankookyaku desu.

how long does it take: "dore kurai kakarimasu ka" is correct.
sono heasutairu wo suruno ga dono kurai kakarimasu ka?

He said: "Kare ga (x) to iimashita"
so "Kare ga (hidari ni magatte) to iimashita He said "turn left"
Kare ga (migi ni magatte) to iimashita He said "turn right"

left: hidari right: migi turn (imperative): magatte

She said: "Kanojo ga (x) to iimashita"
so "Kanojo ga sono shokurui ga oishii to iimashita" She said that dish is delicious.
"Kanojo ga sono resutoran ga ii to iimashita" means She said that restaurant is good!

Have a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment