Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tourism in Japan: Appropriate ways to dress?

Question:


I'm planning to visit with four of my friends as a Senior graduation present from my family. I'm only a sophomore right now, but i want to be prepared, so I don't look and act like a 'Stupid American Tourist'.

Would skinny jeans and jackets be appropriate for walking around, eating at a casual restaurant, shopping, and tourist sights?

What about shoes? Are dark colored vans and converse alright? I know that shoes are somewhat of a giveaway that someone is a tourist.

Answer:


Just dress casually, not anything too flashy. Your clothes shouldn't matter tho, I heard Japan has very stylish fashion among young people. The actions that you do there is what matter. If you don't want people to see you as a stupid American, respect the culture, people, environment and behave yourself. And well, for your communication. . . . good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment