Friday, September 23, 2011

Is one week in Kobe, Japan too long?

Question:


I'm thinking about visiting Kobe, Japan for one week next August. Is there enough to do and see to keep me busy for one week? What do you recommend I visit (I've never been to Japan before)

Answer:


I've never been to kobe, but i'd probably be inclined to say that there is probably a good amount of things to do there in a week.

A little bit of advice. You can pick up a japanese railpass at many travel agents that let you take the bullet train to anywhere in japan. For 1 week its about 300. For first class tickets its about 350. This lets you travel to anywhere in japan that is connected to the shinkansen(bullet train). I highly suggest this, if you want to go for a week. Don't just limit yourself to Kobe. I'm pretty sure you can find some type of hotel in major cities with little planning. Take a look at a frommers travel guide with hotel numbers and pricing.

I also suggest that if you want to go do it in spring time. Winter gets pretty cold. Summer is very humid and hot.

You can probably also take a look in a travel guide to see what there is to do in just kobe, or any other city you may want to visit. Theres tons to do.

hope that helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment