Friday, October 7, 2011

How much is a furisode? For coming of age day..?

Question:


How much would a furisode set be? if I buy one?
Would it be cheaper to borrow than buy?
Also does anyone know how much it is to go to a salon and get dressed up and let them do your hair?
Thanks!
I'll be going next year ^^ so, it'll be nice if people have any experience about it!

Answer:


If you get second-hand (or you're super lucky and find a sale, like I did when I bought my full set), you can buy the furisode, fukuro or maru obi, juban, obi jime, and obi age for $1000 or less. Adding other accessories (some of which will be required, like zori and tabi) will of course raise that price. A brand-new furisode alone can cost as little as $1000 or well over $20,000 and every price in between. The most expensive furisode I have had the pleasure of seeing in person so far cost 2.5 million yen, but I'm sure more expensive ones exist. A nice obi can go for hundreds at least. Depending on whether or not you're willing to buy second hand, it is most likely cheaper to rent than to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment