Friday, October 7, 2011

Where can I find "Memoirs of a Geisha" merchandise?

Question:


I'm looking for the hair accessories that the character Sayuri - Zhang Ziyi was wearing in the movie Memoirs of a Geisha.
I obviously cannot travel to Japan. And I've looked in local stores around. Can't find anything like it.
Are there any websites selling this? or any stores that anyone might know of?
Does anyone know where I can find this?

Like the flower accessory(right) or even that metal pin on the left side.
Example:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=Memoirs+of…

Answer:


First of all, the vast majority of the scene in the movie was shot in California - not Japan. The set and costume were either made by the studio prop and set department or bought from local outlets in California - probably from Japantown (the Japanese version of Chinatown). Most of the hair accessories were probably made in China since the real ones would be very expensive.

There are many online companies that sales similar products, BUT I can't vouch for their legitimacy. For example, here is one - http://www.wholesale-dress.net/fashion-r…

No comments:

Post a Comment