Thursday, March 17, 2011

Question about teaching English in Japan?

Question:


I would love to teach English in Japan.

How likely is it that I could actually get a job doing so?

I know there are many many people looking to do the same thing, but I'm not quite sure what my outlook is on actually doing this.

Some feedback from people who have actually done this would be awesome, but I'll take whatever info anyone can give me.

Answer:


Do you have at least a Bachelor's Degree?

Or if you are not American you might look into a Working Holiday Visa. Or the Jet Programme.

Some websites you might look at are:

www.ohayosensei.com
www.eslcafe.com
www.thejapanfaq.com/FAQ-EFL.html

Many people do this for a year or two. But most start with the Japanese school year starting in April,
so you may be late for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment