Thursday, March 17, 2011

What makes Japanese cuisine the best cuisine in the world?

Question:


I was watching Martha Stewart's show off her website, and she did a show entitled Food Around The World. During a Q&A segment, an audience member asked her which food/cooking influenced her the most. And Martha said it wasn't so much influence, as it was that she loves eating Japanese food. She said whether it's cooked, raw or semi-cooked, Japanese cuisine is the best in the world. Is Martha correct?

Answer:


As a Japanese, I like Japanese food more than anything else.
But I love Mexican and Italian cuisines as well. (British and American foods are out of the question. No thanks!).
Seriously, I don't think Japanese food is the best in the world, objectively speaking.
I do believe that everybody all over the world love their own local cuisines wherever they are; because that is their culture, history, traditions, and their blood and bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment