Thursday, March 17, 2011

Will people helping Japan let a 15 year old help by searching for people?

Question:


I was wondering, because if they do I would try my best to go over there and help.

Answer:


Erik is right. I hate to be mean but, 1) you would need parental consent and most people/service organizations don't want to deal with processing special permissions because it actually is more work for them and 2) I am betting you don't speak fluent Japanese (otherwise you would have posted on Yahoo answers Japan) and therefore you couldn't take even basic directions from the people leading the search.

I don't want this to seem harsh but really, the only foreigners who are going over to help are military personnel, trained medical personnel (like doctors w/o borders), and scientists. You are just not that useful to them there. It would be much more helpful to do what you can here. Donate, fund raise, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment