Sunday, March 27, 2011

Samurai's outside of the Bloodline?

Question:


**just encase I know that all Japanese people are not Samurai's, I'm only asking this because i love the Samurai History, same how other Americans like Spartans and Assassins creed**


Question: Were there any Famous or non famous but still known Samurai Warriors outside of the bloodline? (Foreigners, Farmers, rebellions, Ninjas or what ever)
As in they weren't born in a Samurai Family... If so, who were they and what was their story?

I'm asking this because I am very interested in learning the way of the Samurai, by learning their old code of conduct (Bushido)
Also, did their code give birth to new codes of conducts that follow the same Samurai thing but different rules?

I am creating a story with a modern Samurai and I was hoping to learn everything I can, to influence me to make him a better character.

I hope you give me a good answer and thank you for your time! ^_^

Answer:


Yes, there were quite a lot of famous samurai, particularly at the end of edo period who were not born samurai. KONDO Isami and HIJIKATA Toshizo for instance, who you can read about here: http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/index.p…
@ Robert. You must remember though that when MIYAMOTO Musashi was born, there was no differentiation between farmers and samurai. It was Hideyoshi who made people choose which profession they wished to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment