Sunday, March 27, 2011

Should we still travel to Japan?

Question:


My boyfriend and I have already booked and paid for our holiday to Tokyo travel dates 26/4/11 - 8/5/11. With everything going on I cant decide weather to still go or not, its more than just a holiday, I've been to japan a couple times before, the trip is to see my bestfriends who live there, they live in Sendai and were effected by the earthquake and tsunami. I really want to see them again, because I realise how lucky it is that they are ok.

I would like to hear the opinions of all, but mostly I would like to hear from those who are in Japan now and know what is going on.

Should we still go to Japan? Is it worth the risk?
I'm also not sure if i will get my money back for my flights...

Answer:


I live in Tokyo Tokyo would be fine, as would any place southwest of Tokyo, but Sendai, or anywhere northeast of Tokyo would not be somewhere that you want to go right now for a variety of reasons. The infrastructure problems and lack of supplies are serious problems. Not to mention the radiation threat. Where you are wanting to go is a full-on disaster zone, a serious disaster zone, as you should know from watching television.

Even if you have a non-refundable ticket, it is highly likely that the airline will let you use the value of your ticket at a later date, that date being within one year of when your ticket was issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment