Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tattoos in Japan....?

Question:


I have tattoos and i want to someday become a Japanese translator in japan. I have one on my forearm which will not be covered easily and i am wondering if people aren't going to hire me in the future because of them. I've heard that japan has become more open to tattoos and mine are in japanese and not offensive at all so.....

Answer:


Jobs as a translator are few & far between in Japan. Most of them will go to a Japanese as there's far more Japanese who know English than there are non-Japanese who can speak native level Japanese. I've known a few Japanese women who spoke English as well as people speak it here.
Tattoos in Japan are still connected with the Yakuza, although it has changed just a little bit. Some public baths still turn away people with tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment