Friday, April 22, 2011

Foreigner Crime in Japan? Can Anyone Explain This?

Question:


This is probably a dumb question but I am very curious. It has been bugging me for a while now.

I live here with my American boyfriend. Our two male friends (also American) came to visit us and arrived on New Years and we all went out to drink and dance. So it was just me and these 3 guys.

I dont remember particularly where we were or if it matters. . .I know we were in a 'club womb' at some point and a there were a bunch of love hotels around, I also remember that there were a really loud bunch of people and these guys who worked outside the club told them to be quiet because there was a residential area nearby.

ANYWAY so the four of us were just standing outside and these random people who said they were from Germany start engaging each of us in conversation. I had a really bad feeling about them. It was two girls and this standoffish guy who just kinda stood near them. It was really really wierd because as time went on I got more and more anxious about them.

They didn't look wierd, they seemed really nice and friendly, there didn't seem to be any reason to have a bad feeling about them but i did, so I took it seriously. They were really adimate about us going to a particular club with them, even when we said we were interested in going somewhere else. They seemed to have singled four of us out and engaged us into different conversations like they wanted us to be distracted from eachother or something. The girl who kept talking to me seemed to like everything I liked. Overall it was just really wierd. She even kept trying to convince me to drink her wine for her because she didn't want to waste it and even tried to come on to me and none of them seemed drunk at all.

I know for sure that something was off. I just dont understand why we would be targeted and what for? Where they trying to shanghai us or something??? Was it like that movie Hostel??? I dont know.

Thier overall goal seemed to be to distract us from eachother and to get us into that particular nightclub...where it would have been really crowded and easy to separate us from one another.

At first I thought maybe they worked at the club and they were trying to get people to go in there but I really dont think that they worked there. We ended up waiting in the line and as we got closer to the front the girl seemed to kindof attach herself to me.

I waited until we were almost in the club with them and when it got really crowded, shook her off a bit, and pretended to freak out so my boyfriend and our other two friends would follow me without asking questions. We didn't see them again that night.

Does this sound like some wierd common crime I dont know about? Does this make sense to anyone?

Im really curious, Id like to make sense of this if at all possible lol. I appreciate any input!

Answer:


1) How the heck do you "shanghai" someone?
2) Maybe they just were trying to have a good time and make new friends
3) As said above, seriously people need to learn how to say NO if they don't want to do something.
4) I was reading it expecting a crime that happened, but i'm glad my expectation was foiled lol. Glad you guys are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment