Friday, April 22, 2011

How do the Japanese behave differently from westerners?

Question:


I was at my mother's house yesterday and I noticed I get scared and quiet whenever my step father is around because he is from a very different culture from me even though we have always been in the same country.He comes from ghetto culture(he has a ethnic accent and is a drug dealer) and I'm a liberal white teenager.I wondered if Japanese culture would make me uncomfortable.

Answer:


We, Japanese people, have different personalities and are not like robots programmed in all the same way. However, most Japanese are taught good manners by their parents when we were younger and it's up to these people if they apply it or not. There are some people though that can make you feel uncomfortable, I know alot of them. But like others said, generally we are friendly and warm to guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment