Friday, April 22, 2011

What are your favorite sights, restaurants, and bars in Osaka and Kyoto?

Question:


I will be in each city for five nights and wanted to get some recommendations on places to see, eat, and drink. I'm also a fan of live music so any live house/club recommendations would be more than welcome as well. Thanks!

Answer:


Osaka:
Sights - Osaka castle, Umeda, Sumiyoshi Shrine, Universal studios are among my favorites.
Restaurants - There are many good restaurants in Dotonbori. Food stalls and places of Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki and Kushikatsu are must tries. My favorite is Harijyu but it's expensive.
Bars - Nightlife in Shinsaibashi area is good. I think some play live trance and electro music.

Kyoto:
Sights - Kinkaku-ji is my favorite especially in autumn.
Restaurants & Bars - most of the restaurants and clubs/bars are in Central Kyoto. There are lots to choose from. Keep in mind though, some could be very expensive. But there are also many good and cheap food places.

No comments:

Post a Comment