Thursday, April 7, 2011

JR Yamanote Line Inner loop?

Question:


Hi, I just found out that Yamanote has inner and outer loop and that the latter requires one transfer. I plan to board Yamanote in Nippori going to Shinjuku and thus needs the inner loop (which is direct and requires no transfer). I know that I am supposed to go to platform 11 to board the train going to Shinjuku but how will I know if I am on the right "loop" (inner)?

Thanks!

Answer:


You won't need to know whether you are on the 'inner' or 'outer' loop since you already know your platform. Be sure to check the station names with the ones on your subway map. The main station where you board will be in large Roman letters, while the previous and next stations are written below the main station's name. You will know that you are on the right inner loop 1. when you are on Platform 11, and 2. when the name of the next station is on the left of the main sign if the train goes from right to left, and 3. you can ask any trainstation attendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment