Thursday, April 7, 2011

A question to Japanese (or those who live in an earthquake active areas)?

Question:


If you have been experiencing earthquakes since you were born, how do you mentally cope with them? Are you scared every time it happens or are you used to them? What thoughts come to your mind when you feel an earthquake? (The news is all about the new earthquake so that's why I'm asking)

Answer:


I live in an earthquake active area but nothing like the ones Japan has suffered from (including today's). You accept them but you don't get used to them. They scare me each and every time they happen because you don't know how long they are going to last or what type of damage they are going to do to you or your home.

My first thoughts are always about the safety of my family and pets - is everybody ok?
Second thing is if there was any damage to my home?
Then, I start thinking about how wide-spread was the quake and how many other people are affected by it.

I have to admit though I would rather live through an earthquake than a tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment