Sunday, May 29, 2011

Does Japan use regular lockers?

Question:


I know that most Japanese schools use shoe lockers, and I know the reason for that, but do they use regular lockers like in the U.S. for your books and backpack? And if they don't, where do they put their books and backpacks? I've seen in anime they they use a hook on the side of their desks sometimes. Is that what you use?

Answer:


At my schools they have small cubbyholes in the back of the classrooms so the students can keep their extra books and supplies there. In junior high the students at my school put their school bags on top of the shelf with the cubbyholes. In elementary school the cubbyholes hold their backpacks.

The desks at my schools don't open from the top, but rather are hollow inside. The students put their books, notebooks, etc., inside. They don't change classrooms for every class, and only move for classes with special rooms (shop, home EC, art, PE, music).

The hooks on the side of the desks can hold a bag, but at my schools the students put their lunch sets, the bag with their gym shoes, and sometimes the bag with their stuff for clubs. Most of my teachers get mad if the students put their school bags on these hooks or just put their bags on the floor beside their desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment