Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is there any job in Japan that I can do without speaking their language?

Question:


I want to learn to speak Japanese language, but Im not that young. I was wondering if is there any job or position that can be held if i can speak only English? There are several jobs and field in Europe where it is enough when you can speak English, like advertising, marketing, media, air transportation etc. So the question is given. Is there any chance for me to work there on a field without speaking Japanese?

Answer:


Nobody else agrees, but I can only say that a lot of the foreigners I meet in Tokyo speak very little Japanese, but they are all working in really good jobs. Advertising, PR, even some of the foreign correspondents for major western newspapers can't really speak very well and take somebody to translate at interviews. Western companies move their top staff around the world and they cannot be expected to learn the language everywhere they go so all you need to do is find a company that will send you out here to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment