Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is it possible for me to get a job / apprenticeship in Japan?

Question:


I was just wondering if I get a Bachelor in Graphic design with some experiences, am I able to live in Japan for a short period (say 6 months to a year) and get a job or maybe apprenticeship in Graphic design? The ONLY reason I want to work there because I like their designs and I hope to learn something from them and bring what I learn to Australia.

I know basic Japanese, English, Chinese and Spanish. I am an Australian citizen and living in Australia :) Have some Japanese friends and dad has some Japanese business parnters.

Answer:


I think knowing basic Japanese is not enough, basic is just for travel. You should have at least intermadiate level Japanese if you want to work there. I suggest you take a year off, study Japanese at university, while you're studying ask your lecturer and see if they know anything about this or any intership program may be available. Be able to speak the language is a must, even your dad can find you a job in Japan, you will find it difficult to communicate with other colleagues anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment