Monday, September 26, 2011

Question regarding Asian's being respectful.?

Question:


Try to explain this without it being a book. I had an exchange student from Japan live in my home for a year. I know there were times where she didn't understand our culture and probably mistook some of the things we said and did offensively. When her and my mother bumped heads at time, I think this is where she began to resent our family. She misunderstood my mom's actions. Anyways, I've spoken to her only a little since she has returned home. It's been almost 3 years now. I figure out of niceness she responds to my messages. She doesn't always respond and keeps things short. I figure she is resentful towards my mother and I for whatever might have happened and this is why she didn't talk to me for a whole year. She even confronted me in an e-mail asking me why I send her so much e-mail but barely talked to her when she was living with us. (This isn't true though. It was my senior year when she lived with us so I was very active in sports, internships, etc... and spent time with her when I could.) This shows that she is resentful but she might only be replying to me just to be respectful though she might not even want to acknowledge me. I've had multiple proof for her not wanting to. Anyways, is this the case? In Asian culture, I guess specifically in Japan, if you feel resentful you won't say it? She won't tell me she does not want to talk to me because it's rude... so in return she just ignores me? There is a lot of things I left out to fill in the gaps (I suppose) so don't assume we like beat her or some crazy stuff.

Answer:


>In Asian culture, I guess specifically in Japan, if you feel resentful you won't say it? She won't tell me she does not want to talk to me because it's rude... so in return she just ignores me?

In short, yes. It's reaction of typical Japanese girl.

>If there was anything I could do to get her forgiveness, would you know?

Japanese girls do not open their mind again once they become willing to ignore someone. So it's very difficult.


Tell me if you have any other question.

No comments:

Post a Comment