Monday, September 26, 2011

What are some Japanese bands like this?

Question:


I don't know about Japanese music. I've been listening to classic/indie American and European music my whole life. The only Japanese music I've heard has been pop I've seen featured on YouTube's front page. To put it extremely charitably, I don't like it, so I've never really listened to any music from there. Then today, my friend left this link on my Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7hlpl1r…

WOW! Talk about something that's right up my alley. Yes the lyrics are a bit retarded, but it sounds like so many bands I already love yet has it's own uniqueness to it. So it got me thinking, what are some other really good Japanese bands that are like this? It doesn't matter if they're in Japanese or English.

BQ: From that top comment, I started wondering, what do Japanese people think of J-pop? Are they just kind of jaded about it like we are with our pop or is it generally like over there?

Answer:


Monkey Majic.
It’s so Japanese..

No comments:

Post a Comment