Monday, October 10, 2011

Do you have any tips on studying japanese out of a book?

Question:


I bought a book recently (ultimate japanese) and i don't know where to start exactly. I know i sound like an idiot but what i mean is, how would you study out of a book? Do you stay on one lesson/chapter and go through it over and over for a week until you get it? Do you just go through 1 lesson a day? what? This book is kind of hard for me because i have a photographic memory. When i see a cool picture, or a video with a phrase connected with it, it helps me to remember that phrase alot better, but this book i have now, doesn't have pictures at ALL. Nor does it have color. But i dont want to give it up because i HAVE looked through it and it DOES seem like a very good and helpful book. So, If you have any tips for studying out of a language non-picture language book, please let me know :(

Answer:


If you could, buying CD or DVD or Bluray lessons, it would be better. If you must learn it from books, I suggest you to learn hiragana and katakana(alphabets). Then move on to Kanji as well as doing some grammers. Now speech is the hard part. I suggest you to watch various movies, copy what they say and practice.

I learned my English that way and I am imagining that learning Japanese is similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment