Monday, October 10, 2011

What are examples of Showa Period Censorship in Japan?

Question:


I am writing an academic piece on the Censorship system in Japan during the Showa period and I need two sources to compare when writing this piece. As my Japanese is limited, it is difficult to find anything useful.

My preference of sources would be an image/film/music as well as a written piece like a book,newspaper or poster.

I hope someone can help me out and I will be extremely grateful if anyone could supply me with links to any sources that you may find, as well as background information if you have it at all.

Thanks in advance to those who do contribute, your help will be hugely appreciated.

Answer:


This is an image of Japanese police in 1938 actually censoring papers.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%89%B9%E…

No comments:

Post a Comment