Sunday, October 16, 2011

How much money (USD $$$) should I save up for a 1 month trip to Japan?

Question:


I plan on going to Japan next year from July 1st to August 3rd. My plane ticket will cost around $1300 and I plan on staying in a homestay home which will cost me between $140-$780 so if you add the cost of the plane ticket and homestay home together it'll be around $2000. So, my question is how much money would I need for everything else (food, souvenirs, train tickets etc.)? I'll be staying in the Tokyo area and every other place I want to visit are between 30 mins.- an hour by train so I don't have to worry about spending too much of travel cost. Thanks for the help.

Answer:


Well, if you are on a homestay, they will feed you at least 1 or 2 meals a day, right? If so you are talking about a meal out, plus travel here and there. Not very much at all then, if your place and food are largely covered. You can get a subway day pass for 1000 yen, and for souvenirs it is entirely up to you - a few bucks for one to the sky's the limit. You can also eat a reasonable meal for about 1000 yen,
or if you want to economize less by getting a bento or some food at a supermarket or grocers.
So it's up to you - you should have enough to cover an emergency, and it's easy to blow a wad of dough in Japan if you're not careful, but otherwise you don't need a thousand a week by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment