Sunday, November 20, 2011

Can I go college in Japan without knowing Japanese?

Question:


I want to finish high school and then go to college in Japan but the thing it that I don't know Japanese so is there a college in Japan that teaches Japanese and other subjects and is there dorms school there too because I don't have any relatives??

Answer:


You would have to learn Japanese elsewhere before going to college in Japan itself... I did a year abroad as part of my degree (French and Japanese) and was in a Japanese university from March - August last year.

I absolutely loved it and am still in touch with people from there. Almost all Japanese universities have a hall of residence (Dorm), as far as I know.

However, ALL the classes will be taught in Japanese, unless you end up taking a bilingual class of some kind.

One thing I will say is that learning French in Japanese, while a much slower progress than I was used to and at an easier level than I took in my native UK, really helped me understand both French and English a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment