Sunday, November 20, 2011

How to get my mom to let me go to Japan?

Question:


(I'm in high school and im 16)

She said that I cant go one summer because its dangerous and she not going to pay for me to go by myself and a friend, even if its are senior year. She said that I could go when im a adult and out of high school (because ill be 18 and a adult obviously) but shes not helping paying.

One of the reason she said I couldnt go was because I didnt know the language. But I told her I was going to take Japanese 1 and 2 (in high school) and she said it wouldnt help or something I forget.

Another reason she said was because some people dont come back because they get sold in sex slavery stuff. And I told that wouldnt happen and she said it just did with some girl in some other country (I forget what country). And I was like that not going to happen and she just said it happens all the time. So I just said what ever.

She said I could do this one program (where they take you to Japan and other countrys), but I told her it would ruin the experience and that I just want to go on a 2 week vacation with my friend (we live in different states now) so she ok then start saving and go when your a adult. But I dont want to have to save up $4000 just for a 2 week trip especially since ill just be getting out of high school and wont have that much money and will be need almost every penny.

What should I do? Should I start saving, is it really worth it? Should I just say fxck it and move on?

Answer:


At 16, you just can't go there unless it's under some kind of program. You would have to have written
parental approval and have an adult meet you at the airport when you got there. There's no exceptions to this.
Tell mum Japan is one of the safest countries in the world. "Sex slave " ? Highly unlikely. Mom needs to learn a little about Japan !
Guess the best plan is for you to wait til you're 18 and can pay your own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment