Sunday, November 20, 2011

Can you help me figure out what to do in my Japanese learning game called "Japanese Virus"?

Question:


No, it's not a virus, it's about a Japanese space station that gets a virus. (you can see the game here- http://www1.curriculum.edu.au/nalsas/exp… It teaches you Japanese, but the only problem is is that you have to guess what to say. So I'm really stuck at this part when the robot says that (in japanese) he's lost his planets after the meteor shower (like hanging planets on the ceiling not actual planets) and he wants me to find them. So I need to tell him where it is, but the only problem is is that I don't know how to tell him that Jupiter (mokusai) is. First of all, I'm sure I could tell him where it is (although the location is as bit confusing to describe) but I wanted to test an easier one first. you see, if you say something that is incorrect grammar-wise then it won't let you say it, but if you say something that just tells him incorrectly where the planet is then you'll just get it wrong. So one planet which english name I don't know the name of is すいさい and it is on top of the table. I want to say this using my choice of words- テーブルの, すいさい, うえ,です and いすの (not sure what that means so I put that in there). How would I make this sentence out of this so that it is grammatically correct? thanks :)

Answer:


I think you better tell us what you really want to say. It's not clear from your question.

Addition:
It's すいせい. Not すいさい. And it's Mercury in English.

Just say テーブルのうえです for "on the table"

No comments:

Post a Comment