Sunday, November 20, 2011

Will being a fair skinned blonde in Japan be socially awkward?

Question:


I have to complete my 4th year of University in japan.
But i'm blonde, very pale skin and blue-ish eyes. I heard that foreigners are still not very accepted in japan and I know I'll probably stand out like a sore thumb
I am very short so maybe that will help lol

my question is will I get treated like the plague?
I know a lot has changed in japan over the years but I'm so pale in every way and totally have a thing for Japanese boys (a small part in the reason I chose to study Japanese rather than another language)
I don't want to be unapproachable, since I've always been the approached in dating situations, even with female friends. will I struggle in Japan socially?

Answer:


"Not accepted" is not true. But you will stand out somehow because you look so differently from other Japanese.

>since I've always been the approached in dating situations

Don't expect Japanese guys to approach you so much. Japanese guys do not ask girls out as often as Western guys do as others are saying. But no one here knows after all. We don't know how you look like.


BTW, many students finish their necessary classes by the end of 3rd year at college. So not many go to campuses in the 4th year in Japanese colleges.

No comments:

Post a Comment