Monday, December 12, 2011

Any good history books or resources covering Samal Island, Philippines during WWII?

Question:


I've found some interesting Japanese war artifacts on a piece of land our foundation purchased to build an orphanage in the Philippines. I'm looking for info on what Japanese units were present on Samal Island during the war, and whether or not there was any combat between U.S. and Japanese forces there.

Clearly, this was not the site of any major battle, but something was happening here. Passing references suggest that the Japanese enslaved the populace there for about 4 years before being liberated by American forces. But I can't seem to find any details about what the Japanese were doing there.

I'm happy to do my own reading, but I could use some direction.

Thanks!

Answer:


it is books by Stephen Ambrose

No comments:

Post a Comment