Monday, December 12, 2011

Which city in Japan should I go to if it's my first time going ?

Question:


I love the country Japan and hope to visit someday and my parents said for my sweet sixteen next year maybe my party could be mom, maybe one friend, and I going to Japan and I couldn't be more ecstatic about it even though it's a maybe! The problem is, where should we go? I know Tokyo is a tourist attraction but which part of Japan is really nice for foreigners like us? lol

Also we have a disadvantage? My mom doesn't know any secondary language and the only one I know is Spanish. (I'm forced to take Spanish at my school, they don't give us many options.) so should we get a tourist guide? :3 someone please help me with the info to make my dreams come true? :)

Answer:


Well I would start in Osaka. You can fly into KIX. In Osaka you can enjoy modern shopping, some of the best food in Japan and enjoy Osaka Castle.

From Osaka it is a very short train ride to visit Kyoto. Kyoto is home to the largest and widest variety of Shrines and Temples in the whole of Japan. Kinkakuji, Ryoanji, Ginkakuji, and Nijo-jo are just to name a few.

Nara is also a short train ride away and you can visit the deer park and hand feed real deer with biscuits you can buy from vendors in the park. You can also visit Todaiji another famous temple.

I say jump at the chance. Nobody knows when you will get another chance to go. Life can get busy later and there is always a reason not to go like school, work, language , relationships the list goes on forever. If someone is willing to take you don't give it a second thought just accept and go!

Study some basic words like Konnichiwa (Hello), Arigatou (Thank you), and O-kudasai (Please give me) . With these three words you can survive Japan. With more you can have an even better time. Many English tours can be booked or you would be surprised how well you can do without speaking just pointing at pictures on a menu say "Okudasai" and food will be on it's way. Some people can speak a little English and in tourist areas more can speak English.

p.s. the best times to visit Japan in my opinion are Spring (Early April to maybe see Cherry Blossoms) or Autumn. Summer is hot and Humid and Winter is very cold especially in Kyoto it may snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment